About Kiwitea School
- Kiwitea School is a rural (primary) school with 30 students, 2 teachers.
- It is the focal point of the local community.
- It has a good ERO (education review office) report.
- Buildings on the site include the Main Block (three classrooms, library, sick bay, cloakroom, staffroom, toilets and storage), pool changing rooms, Phys-Ed shed, woodshed, storage and pumpshed.
- Other facilities include swimming pool, vegetable garden, playground including new adventure playground and sandpit, multi purpose sports astro turf and a large playing field. A lot of thought and care has gone into the planting of trees and shrubs over the years, which has resulted in the school being in a very attractive setting.
- There is a three bedroom staff residence at the western end of the playing field.